Simple, Stable, and Secure 4-Bike Hitch Based Stowage
The SportRack SR2604 4-Bike Lock Tilting Hanging Hitch Rack utilizes a single bike support arm, and a vehicle's pre-installed hitch receiver. The carrier is compatible with both 1-1/4" and 2" hitch receivers through the included stinger section adapter, and secures to either with the included "No-Wobble" hitch pin, or a standard hitch pin. It supports bikes atop the simple inverted tubular L-bar design that extents away from the vehicle.
One to four bikes can be attached along this heavy-duty bar using two rotating clamps that cinch down on the top tubes of bikes. Each knob clamps two tubes. The bottom section of the clamps are bolted to the support bar, while the downward pressure of their top section around the bike arm results is a very firm hold that immobilizes bike frames. The interior of the clamps are rubberized to ensure a dependable hold that will not scratch bike finishes.
A additional valuable feature of the carrier is its ability to tilt backwards away from the vehicle when unloaded with the simple removal of a pin at its base. This allows the carrier to be left on a vehicle when not loaded, and maintain full access to the rear entry to vehicles. It can be locked to a vehicle's hitch receiver using a standard hitch lock (sold separately). Conversely, the single arm design of the carrier makes it easy to remove and store flat in vehicles when used without a hitch lock.
- Hitch receiver based bike stowage saves space in vehicle, and atop their roof racks
- Capacity: 1-4 bicycles
- Rear tilting carrier ability ensures access to rear vehicle openings*
- Rotating clamps with rubber padding holds the bike securely
- Interior rubber padding of clamps protects the finish of bicycles
- Compatible with 1-1/4" and 2" hitch receivers
- No-Wobble hitch pin attaches the rack to hitch receiver for a stable hold
- Carrier can be locked to hitch receivers with a standard hitch pin lock (sold separately)
- Bike-to-carrier locking functionality options along the upper clamps are available (sold separately)
- Clamps accommodate oversized bike top tubes (2-1/2" or less)
- Premium Granite Gray finish