Precursor to the current Yakima Q Towers, the SST (also called Y towers), are used to attach Yakima Round crossbars to naked roof vehicles. Yakima stoped listing fits for the SST Tower/Y Clips in 1996 and discontinued the towers in 1997.
Moral of the story - if you have an older vehicle, check with the SST Tower Fit list to determine if your vehicle is compatible! We have a pretty good selection of new and used Y Clips and would love to get you racked out for dirt cheap!
When compared to a new Q Tower system (over $400), an SST system can save you hundreds!
- Includes Set of 4 Towers
- Includes Set of 4 Handles (You choose the style)
- Compatible with Yakima SKS Locks (Sold Seperately)
- Integrated Locking Handles (Locks included, not SKS compatible)
- Requires Yakima Round Bars
- Requires Y Clips
A used item is one that has previously seen road use or is visually not ""like-new"". These items may look pretty new with some dirt or scratches. They also may arrive looking pretty road-rashed or weathered. Despite the way they look, these products come with the ReRack guaranteed to be fully functional (unless otherwise noted on product pages).
Generally, you can expect items classified as ‘Used’ to…
- Show general wear and signs of use
- Have cosmetic damage including-but-not-limited to: discoloration, light rust, scratches, dents, bumps, dings, awesome stickers, silly stickers, partial stickers…
- But remember, all used products are guaranteed to be complete and fully functional by ReRack - unless otherwise noted on product pages.
- As a special added bonus, you might even get some FREE dirt and grime! Really, we’re sorry about this, but not too much. Just not enough time in the day to get items cleaned up before the shipping trucks show up.